Thursday, January 5, 2017

2016 Top Posts

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful new year and that 2017 is the best year yet. Everyone always feels this sense of rebirth and renewal whenever a new year comes around and I love to build on that energy. 

I try to do a year in review post every year on the blog and this year I am doing it a little different. If you follow me on Instagram (you should!) you will have seen this image below, but it is my best nine images that I posted throughout the year. Sometimes I post things on Instagram that never make it to the blog, so if you like my work, please check me out there too! My best nine photos were chosen by number of likes. To me, that doesn't necessarily mean they are my favorites, but it is nice to see what others liked that I created. 

Instagram-best-nine-nail-art



1. Euro Gradient- I had been wanting to create this gradient for so long and had finally gotten my hands on Polka.com, I remember being so excited about this combination, and apparently you were too!

2. Swirly Nail Art- I found this new technique this year and it was easy and fun to do. The way this turned out made me pretty happy.

3. Yellow Nails and Coffee- This was one that was only posted to Instagram. I created this yellow nail design for a nail art challenge and took a picture with some coffee. Two of my favorite things in one picture!

A photo posted by @handtasticintentions on

4. Black and Red Collaboration When Colours Collide- This was another color combination that I wanted to do for a while and I also loved how this one turned out. I thought it looked a little vampy, but fun with the gold glitter.

5. Wet n Wild Spring 2016 Collection- What a fun collection, I was surprised at how popular this blue turned out to be. The whole collection was nice and pretty.

6. Side French Nail Art- Love love loved this combination. The simplicity of it is what I really liked, but no one could call this boring. I may need to do another similar design soon.

7. Shades of Grey Nail Art- This was one of those skittle manis that I figured out as I painted. I love skittle manis, and for me they are always a bit challenging to get the nails to be different enough but still look like it goes together.

8. KBShimmer Spring 2016 and Mega Flame Collection- Peony Pincher is a beautiful holographic and I'm not surprised you all loved it too!

9. Matte teal and metallic polka dots- another Instagram only post. This was a design I did one late night and did not feel like photographing "properly", but I liked the design so I took a phone photo and it turned out nicely.


I really enjoyed looking back at all of these designs! I am again realizing that people enjoy looking at nail art more than swatches or regular solid colors, but I still love both. I did not post as much this year as I did in years past. 2016 by far was the year I did the least amount of posting, but sometimes you have to take a break! 2017 will be my fifth year blogging, which is astounding! I am glad that I still enjoy sharing my thoughts and am still in love with this little hobby. Hoping for a great 2017 and looking forward to new exciting adventures to come. Thank you, as always, for stopping by and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts