Monday, May 26, 2014

Nail Art: Memorial Day Poppies

It is Memorial Day. Today is a day when we take the time to honor our fallen soldiers and remember the cost of our freedom. 

I was given a challenge to create a nail art design for Memorial Day without using red, white and blue. I decided to try poppies, since they are supposed to symbolize remembrance. I decided to do a sunset gradient with grey and black poppies (since I couldn't use red). I'm not sure the poppies really look like poppies, but that is what I was going for here. I used Julie G Miami Beach and Old San Juan.






To be honest, I felt a little weird painting these poppies, I feel like it is just such an insignificant gesture for our fallen soldiers. I truly am grateful for those who serve and protect. I hope that the rest of our nation takes the time today to reflect on our freedom and those who fought for it.

2 comments:

Related Posts