Sunday, October 4, 2015

Wet n Wild Fall 2015 Collection

Happy Fall! I love the fall season and I love the colors and the smells and tastes that come along with the season. Today I have another fall collection to share! Wet n Wild recently released their fall 2015 collection named "Here's to the Wild Ones", kind of a mouthful, but this collection is full of gorgeous jewel tones that are perfect for fall and beyond. I was so excited to get my hands on all of these! I had to go to four different stores to find them all, which speaks to their popularity, but after a while started to feel like a quest.

Wet-n-wild-fall-heres-to-the-wild-ones


First up is Gettin' Inked which is a deep almost black color with some purple/burgundy undertones. It really reminds me of Lincoln Park After Dark. It only needs two coats, but it does have a little bit of a thin formula. I used OPI Sprung as my accent nail.

Wet-n-wild-gettin-inked

I Moss Have It is hands down, my favorite in this collection. I love the olive tone with the gold fleck in it. It is a pretty fall shade. I even wore it for a whole week! It had the same formula as Gettin' Inked, slightly thin but easy to control and I only needed two coats. I used Finger Paints Masked Affair for my accent nail here.

Wet-n-wild-I-Moss-Have-It

Keep Vinyl Alive is not a really unique color, but it is well done. I like how the grey shifts a little into more of a gunmetal in certain light. It is a nice color. This one was more sheer and required three coats. I used L'oreal Caution Please as my accent nail.

Wet-n-wild-keep-vinyl-alive

Pop-Up Bluetique is such a rich, luxurious color! In the bottle, it looks nice, but a typical blue. On the nail, it comes alive with this beautiful glow! I like this a lot more than I thought I would. It has a great formula with an easy to apply two coats. I used L'oreal Caution Please as my accent nail.

Wet-n-wild-pop-up-bluetique

Stop and Mel-the-Roses is a pretty classic red. This one immediately reminded me of OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress. I think the color is really nice, but again, not really unique. The formula is similar to the others, is easy to control and only needs two coats. I used OPI Sprung as my accent nail. I have to say, I don't really understand the name here. Do you?

Wet-n-wild-stop-and-mel-the-roses

Thrift Shopaholic is a nice darkened purple. This one has a nice glow to it like Bluetique. This one did need three coats like Keep Vinyl Alive though, that was a little disappointing, but the formula was easy to control. I used L'oreal Bad Bad Grey as my accent nail here.

Wet-n-wild-thrift-shopaholic

Overall, I think this collection could have been more vibrant. It seemed like their take on fall is a little darker than mine. I would have loved to see something like the firey hues of the leaves I love so much. Some of these colors I immediately fell in love with, and some others seemed overdone. These are really affordable at $1.99 each, so if you can find them be sure to snatch them up if you loved these colors. Which one was your favorite? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts