Tuesday, December 8, 2015

OPI Venice Collection

I'm a little late in sharing this, but today I have part of OPI's fall collection on the blog today! This year's collection was inspired by Venice. I've never been, so those of you who have should let me know if this captures the feel of the city. At first glance not a lot of the colors really look like fall at all. I didn't get them all, but I have most of the collection here. 

I Cannoli Wear OPI is a muted light grey which is almost white. Many have said this looks like the popular My Boyfriend Scales Walls, but it has been proven to not be a dupe. This took three coats. The formula is a bit thin, but it builds up well.


OPI-I Cannoli-Wear-OPI

OPI-I Cannoli-Wear-OPI-Swatch

Worth a Pretty Penne is a metallic shimmer that leans rose gold with a bronze hue. It is a really interesting color. I couldn't figure out if I would call it gold or bronze, so it is just both. This one only needs two coats and applies nicely.

OPI-Worth-a-Pretty-Penne

OPI-Worth-a-Pretty-Penne-Swatch

Purple Palazzo Pants is a pretty lilac. It just looks so much like spring not fall. This applies really nicely and only needs two coats.

OPI-Purple-Palazzo-Pants

OPI-Purple-Palazzo-Pants-Swatch

It's a Piazza Cake is a beautiful rusty burnt orange. This is almost a red, but is really too rusty to be a red. This only needed two easy coats.

OPI-Its-a-Piazza-Cake

OPI-Its-a-Piazza-Cake-Swatch

Be There in a Prosecco is a yellow toned nude color. It reminds me of a light custard color. This needs three coats and is pretty streaky.

OPI-Be-there-in-a-Prosecco

OPI-Be-there-in-a-Prosecco-Swatch

Tiramisu for Two is also a nude but is more pink toned than Prosecco. I put these back to back so you could scroll between to see the difference. I think I like Tiramisu better on my skin tone, but it is a personal preference. This needs two coats and is pretty smooth to apply.

OPI-Tiramisu-for-Two

OPI-Tiramisu-for-Two-Swatch

The last one I have to share with you is Gelato on My Mind. This is a sky blue color that also really reminds me of a perfect spring color. It take three coats and is a bit streaky.



My overall impression is that this collection really is more befitting a spring collection. I don't know if OPI wanted to mix it up or if they really thought of these as "fall", but I don't mind either way. These colors are all really beautiful. My one disappointment was the number of polishes that needed three coats. I usually only need two coats for OPI and the fact that many of these needed three was a little annoying. Do you have any of these? Which is your favorite? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts