Thursday, February 11, 2016

Sephora by OPI (discontinued) Crackle Polish

I know it is terrible to show you discontinued products, but I really wanted to see what you all think about crackle polish. Hate it? Love it? I have had a bottle of crackle for ages, but I have never actually used it, until now. The crackle I have was made by Sephora by OPI. They no longer make this brand. It is called Blasted Black. I decided since I am sharing a discontinued polish, I may as well show you two. The polish I layered this over is also from Sephora by OPI and it is called Henna-thing is Possible. 

Crackle-nail-polish

I kind of wanted a punk look here without trying too hard, so I started with three coats of Henna-thing and let that dry, then I added one coat of Blasted Black. It is the coolest thing to watch, it just starts separating and, well, cracking.

Sephora-by-OPI-Blasted-Black

Sephora-by-OPI-Henna-thing-is-Possible

The polish applied somewhat gloopy and runny at the same time. I don't know how that happens, but I mostly scraped the gloopyness away and it went on just fine. I did only use one coat because two would have messed with the design. I have to say, I like the look. I know it is sort of outdated, and sort of 80s style with the colors I chose, but it is a really easy way to have a fun design on my nails. I have been so strapped for time to do my nails, this is such a good option for me right now. I don't know if crackle will ever come back, but I think I will hang on to this bottle. Let me know, do you still have crackle? Do you use it? Do you now have to have it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts