Sunday, January 26, 2014

Swatch and Review of Zoya Neeka

Oh how I love Zoya! I recently received three free Zoyas from a recent promotion. Today I am sharing Neeka, a beautiful mid tone purple with some shimmery bits of gold. I also have a bit of nail art, I stamped my ring finger with a rose design from the MoYou stamping plate I recently bought. I stamped with Zoya Trixie, which probably wasn't the best polish to use. I believe Trixie was more of a foil polish, and a creme would have worked better. Take a look:





I love the color of Neeka, and like all other Zoya polishes it goes on so smooth and is opaque in two coats. One major problem I have thought is it seems to chip extremely quick. I applied it and it chipped horribly the same day, I reapplied it and it lasted longer, 2 days without chipping, but 2 days? I change my polish often enough, but for everyday users this is kind of ridiculous. I used two different top coats, so I think it must be the color rather than the top coat. Maybe it works best with a different type of top coat. I will update this post if I find that to be true. I loved the stamp, again it was really easy to use and a dream to work with. Highly recommend MoYou plates! I love this simple design, it was quick and I love the dusty purple color, I just wish it lasted longer! I hope you all are having a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Neeka is a pretty one and I like the stamp. I think I have read that Zoya does best with its own brand base and top coats...something about a chemical it doesn't have that might be in the other brand topcoat you use (or maybe vice versa) and they don't get along. Wish I could remember where I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arathael! I have just about every top coat except Zoya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts