Thursday, July 3, 2014

Nail Art: Fourth of July Designs

Patriotic nails galore! I have been seeing a ton of patriotic nails for the Fourth of July and I am going to add mine in as well. I did one yesterday that I loved, but wasn't overtly patriotic. These today are meant for Independence Day. I used the same red, white and blue for all of these designs. I used Ruffian: Ruffian Red for the red which is exclusively sold at Birchbox. I actually have the classic colors set (along with some others), but it doesn't appear to be available at the moment. For the blue, I used Sinful Colors Into the Blue, which is amazing! It really is a perfect navy blue. It has a weird scent, but the coverage and gorgeous color help me get over the scent. For the white, I have actually been liking my China Glaze White On White. I know in the past I have said I don't like it, but something about it has changed my mind. It is a little thinner than other whites I have, maybe in the warm weather, it has thickened slightly and now I love it. I love how I have a range of drugstore to high end brands here! 

Patriotic-Nail-Collage


First up is my classic American flag. Not much to explain here, but I did use a striping brush to do the lines and stars freehand. These are my first freehand stars, they are a bit slow going at first, but turned out well. I believe I saw this design somewhere on IG first, so if you know who the original artist is, please let me know in the comments!

Flag-Nails-Nail-Art-1

Flag-Nails-Nail-Art-2

Flag-Nails-Nail-Art-3

Nest, I have a simple dotticure gradient. I just randomly placed dots all over with larger ones at the tips and smaller ones toward the base. I used several different sizes of dotting tools.

Patriotic-Dotticure-Gradient-1

Patriotic-Dotticure-Gradient-2

Patriotic-Dotticure-Gradient-3

This is my first successful dry marble! I can't tell you how excited I am that this finally worked for me! I don't know what I did differently this time, but it worked.

Patriotic-Nail-Art-Dry-Marble-1

Patriotic-Nail-Art-Dry-Marble-2

Patriotic-Nail-Art-Dry-Marble-3

Are you a fan of patriotic nails? Which one is your favorite? I really like them all and like how this showcased a couple of 'firsts' for me! For all of you celebrating, I hope you have a fantastic holiday and enjoy the beautiful freedoms we have!


See more patriotic nail designs from other bloggers here:


7 comments:

  1. All of these manis are adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so great! Did you use a toothpick or brush for the dry marble?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I used a small nail art brush. I've used toothpicks in the past and it never worked, so I switched it up with the brush and it worked nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, thanks! I always try a toothpick and hope I use a softer hand. Of course, it never works out. Hah! Do you wash your brush while marbling or do you let the colors mix all the way through?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those freehand stars are simply amazing! Stars are hard, yo! LOL. And that swirly design looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I just wiped it off on a paper towel when it seemed like it had too much paint. Maybe 2-3 times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Thanks Jessica! They are hard!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts