Monday, July 7, 2014

Nail Art: Pacific Blue Glitter Gradient

So, I wan't sure if I wanted to share this look with you today. I wouldn't call this a successful manicure. I had a difficult time getting the gradient to look right for some reason, probably because I was creating this look for a purpose. Sally Hansen recently changed the formula on a well loved polish called Pacific Blue, but are still marketing the new color/formula as Pacific Blue. From what I gather, it seems similar to Blueberry Blast, which I reviewed a little while ago. I didn't buy the new formula because it seemed so similar. The problem is the new formula takes several coats more and is a much darker shade with shimmer. Regardless, getting rid of a cult classic color just seems wrong to me. I collaborated with a large group of other nail polish fanatics to create this awesome collage! Can you pick mine out?







Pacific Blue has such an amazing formula and color! I love blues, so it is a must for me, and the formula is an added bonus. It is an easy two coater, but if you are really careful, could be a one coater. The glitter I used here was China Glaze Fang-tastic from their Halloween collection last year and Julep Paris, one of my favorites. What do you think? I wasn't terribly pleased with how it looked, but I love the blue! Are you a Pacific Blue fan? Did you participate in the collaboration? I would love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful mani! And I did get sucked up in the hype and bought the original formula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the formula! I think there are a few dupes out there though, so if they do decide to discontinue it, I think I'll live.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts