Monday, July 28, 2014

Neon Week Nail Art: Neon Mist

I am happy to start day one of NEON WEEK! I wanted to create something kind of like Shark Week on Discovery Channel for my blog and I decided on neon nail designs for summer! Who knows, maybe it will one day be as popular as Shark Week. Today is the first day, so be sure to bookmark my blog, follow on social media, and come back every day for a new design! For today's nail art design, I am calling it Neon Mist. I wasn't sure what else to call it. It reminds me of neon clouds or the Indian color festival Holi. I used several polishes: Blue- Color Club Chelsea Girl, Green- China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener, Yellow- Orly Glowstick, Purple/Pink- Color Club Mrs. Robinson, Orange/Yellow- China Glaze Sun Worshiper, and China Glaze Fairy Dust. I also used a white base color (China Glaze White On White. After the white base dries, I blobed on all of the colors on each nail and lightly placed a plastic bag over the nail while all the colors are still wet. I use my finger to lightly spread the colors under the plastic if needed. Remove the plastic and you are left with a bright design on your nails! I finished it with Fairy Dust and top coat. 







It kind of feels like I should be going to a rave or something with all these colors. I actually only went to the dentist, I know, I'm boring. My hygienist loved them though! What do you all think? Will you be sporting a similar look soon? I think it is fantastic for the beach or something fun and summery. I love it and will wear it wherever! Don't forget to come back tomorrow for a new neon design! Let me know if there is something specific you want to see!


2 comments:

Related Posts