Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Orly Holiday 2014 Sparkle Collection (Partial)

I have two polishes from the Orly Holiday 2014 Sparkle collection to share with you today! I know that the were 'so last year', but I haven't shared them yet and I still like them! I have Steal the Spotlight and Mirrorball! Mirrorball has been the talk of the nail community for a long while now. It seems really difficult to get, but oh so beautiful and while I was picking it up I came across Steal the Spotlight as well. 



Steal the Spotlight is a teal microglitter with larger pink glitters in it. I thought the pink was a nice surprise but I had hoped for full coverage. I couldn't get it with three coats, but I got pretty close. It would work better if it were layered over a color. The formula was a little goopy. You know that texture when there is so much glitter it is difficult to thinly spread? That is this bottle. The glitter also seems to separate from the base pretty quick. 






The famous Mirrorball, in all it's holo glory! I really love this one, which isn't surprising. I figured all the hype had to be worth it in the end. The holo in this is amazing, especially for a mainstream brand. The addition of the larger glitter in there is just gorgeous. I used two coats here and the application was great, nothing like Steal the Spotlight.






So, I obviously love Mirrorball, but others in the collection could use some work. I didn't even consider buying the other colors. I had hoped that Steal the Spotlight could be like a China Glaze microglitter, but no such luck. Have you picked up Mirrorball? If not, are you going to try? Thanks for reading!

12 comments:

  1. Mirrorball looks incredible on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would stare at my nails being unable to do anything :-D Gorgeous, both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I wore mirrorball on my accent nails this week. It's a shame Steal The Spotlight is so sheer. and hard to work with

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still don't have Mirroball! But it looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I'm not the only one. I think it would be nice over another teal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! If you can find it, I think it is a real stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great on you! I have both of them and love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts