Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Polished Bookworms: Nail Art Inspired by Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

In addition to my love of nail polish, I love reading. Many of you know this about me. I recently joined a book club which combines the two called The Polished Bookworms! The book for January was Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. The plot took many unexpected turns, and was definitely a drama. One of the things I really appreciated about the book was that she covered some darker issues that some people may not want to think about at all. I appreciated that most. The group will be doing nail art at the end of each month that is inspired by the book we have read. Here are mine:







One of the central locations in the book is a coffee shop called Blue Blues, I drew my color inspiration from the shop. It is a safe and cozy place for the characters to just relax. I was also inspired by the ocean, as they live next to it, and also by the mystery and murkiness that surrounds all of the secrets they keep. I used Rimmel Blue Eyed Girl, Essie Aruba Blue, and Julie G Santorini. I used the plastic bag method to swirl the colors while they were all still wet to get the murky effect. I love how it turned out!

If you are interested in reading Big Little Lies, I highly recommend it. You can read reviews and summaries on Goodreads.com. Thanks for reading! Hope you liked this post.


12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! Beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fricking beautiful! I love the colors you chose and the effect so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool effect! Wish I had time to read a book monthly! I miss reading all the time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea, I'm SO JEALOUS of your nail polish book club!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how long I've been trying to either join or start up a book club, and then do mani's that somehow symbolize or relate to the book and its themes. Are your members local so you can meet in person? I love your nails today and will also go check out "Big Little Lies." Thanks for the inspiration you've given me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a book club on Facebook called The Polished Bookworms. You can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1583273218555526/. It is fun and you can be as active as you want! We are reading The Maze Runner in February.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, thanks so much for following up on this with me. =) I actually am not on Facebook (and don't really want to join up for various reasons...), but I do so appreciate you filling me in on this great idea. Thanks, as always, for all the inspiration you give me with your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts