Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pacifica 7-Free Super Fox and Abalone

I have been talking about trying Pacifica 7-free polish since it came out and I am glad to say, I picked up two colors and have them to share with you today! More about 7-free polish at the end of this post. I picked up a duo-chrome looking polish called Abalone, and a teal with shimmer called Super Fox. Both type of colors are those I gravitate towards. I think the metallic-like duo-chrome is always good to test out and see if it has a tendency to be brush stroke-y or not. I picked both of these up at my local Ulta for $9 each.

Pacifica-7-free
Abalone is a silvery grey toned metallic shimmer polish with brief flashes of pink and purple. I thought I saw some green hints in the bottle but they were nowhere to be seen on the nail. I used three coats for the photos below. In the last photo you can see the flash of pink the best. I was really impressed with how shiny this metallic color turned out to be, usually they have sort of a dull shine, but this one was a little more chrome-like. It is nowhere near any of the polishes claiming to be chrome, but it was a nice bonus.

Pacifica-Abalone-Swatch

Pacifica-Abalone

Pacifica-Abalone-Review

Pacifica-Abalone-Swatches

Pacifica-Abalone-duochrome

Super Fox was pretty fun and straightforward. The shimmer translated well from the bottle to the nail and I also used three coats here. I think this one is meant more as a two coater, but I had a few patches. I like this color a lot, and it didn't stain my nails!

Pacifica-Super-Fox-Swatch

Pacifica-Super-Fox

Pacifica-Super-Fox-Review

Pacifica-Super-Fox-Swatches

The fact that this is 7-free means that this polish is free of  parabens, phthalates (dibutyl phthalate), toluene, xylene, camphor, formaldehyde, and resin. It also professes to be vegan, so that is a plus for you vegans out there! I used to be unconcerned about the amount of chemicals in nail polish, but more and more you hear about how certain chemicals are linked to all sorts of health problems. I think being cautious and trying to use polishes that are free of those chemicals is a good thing.

Having said that, some of those chemicals give polish the qualities we like, such as fast drying and durability. The formula on these was great, but I did notice the dry time between coats is longer than others. I even had some bubbling and had to start over. Knowing this, in the future I will be more patient. Overall, I think the quality is really nice and didn't notice a difference in wear or anything else. I also really love the caps with the gold designs. It adds a little extra prettiness to it. Also, apparently Pacifica is a Portland brand and I live in Portland! Yay for local purchases. I hope you give these a try! Let me know which are your favorite colors in their collection in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts