Sunday, September 29, 2013

Swatch and Review of Zoya: Giovanna and Ruffian: Delirium

We have had quite a bit of blustery, stormy weather here in Oregon lately and that makes me want to embrace fall finally. I've been wanting to hold on to summer, but I think now I am ready for the season change. Today I have two lovely fall colors to share with you! I picked up Zoya Giovanna on a whim, because it looked like a nice color that I didn't already own- which is saying something. I'll get to the Ruffian polish further in this post.






Isn't Giovanna stunning? I love how this polish glows. It was a little more teal leaning than it looks in the bottle, but gorgeous nonetheless. I applied three coats to get full opacity. Zoya is a brand that actually is free of 5 harmful chemicals rather than the usual 3, commonly called 3 free. I'm somewhat concerned about harsh chemicals in my nail polish, so when I can, I try to at least get 3 free polishes which most brands are doing now. Let's move on, shall we?

Introducing Ruffian Nail Lacquer:


Ruffian is actually a high fashion brand and this is their first dabble into the polish market. I received this product in my monthly Birchbox, but probably wouldn't have heard of it since it is exclusive to Birchbox right now. Apparently a few years back at one of their runway shows their models sported a new style of manicure which I have mimicked below. and have posted about previously.



The color is called Delirium and I would say it is more of a royal purple and less blue in real life. I love this polish! I only used one coat for the layer over Giovanna. It is so smooth and lovely and with the bottle design, the application is a breeze. Delirium is from their Crowd Sourced collection, which is the more vibrant and daring of the two collections. I have already ordered their Classics collection. I just have to have more! I am really impressed with this new line of polish. It is pricey at $10 for only 0.17 fl oz. That is usually a sample size or mini container size. I really enjoy the ergonomic and interesting design of the brush handle, it makes a difference in ways I never knew I needed a change! What do you think of these two colors? I enjoyed these colors together. It reminds me of peacock colors, which is always rich and fun. Hope you like them too. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts