Sunday, November 3, 2013

Swatch and Review of Sephora by OPI: Leotard Optional

Hello! I hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween! No dressing up for me this year, but I did watch some scary movies! Today I have Sephora by OPI: Leotard Optional. SOPIs are being discontinued from Sephora to be replaced with the new Sephora X line. I snapped up a bunch of SOPIs so that I could take advantage of a great deal. I bought several from Hautelook for $3 each! Leotard Optional was one of them. I have been searching for the perfect nude for my skin tone, which had proven to be a bit difficult. My skin is darker and tanner than usual nude polishes and most of the time they end up looking too yellow toned or the color suddenly looks sickly grey on my hands. Luckily, I think Leotard Optional may be the nude for me! I figured my nude would have to be a little darker for it to blend well and I think I found my match. It is a somewhat mocha toned brown-tan. In some light it looked a little pink leaning, but it was really nice. 





You all know I don't normally wear such subdued colors, so it was a bit difficult to get used to this. I really like it though! This was only two coats, and it applied beautifully. No streakiness or patchiness to speak of, and it wasn't too thick or tacky either. Quite enjoyable to work with. I have noticed all SOPIs are a perfect consistancy. Make me wonder why they are discontinuing the line. I heard some complaints that it doesn't last that long. I can't really speak to that since I change my polish so often! I heard the new line is supposed to have an amazing formula, but it is also higher priced than SOPI. Originally SOPI was $9.50 each but the new Formula X is $12.50. Whatever the reason, I am very happy with the ones I own and am sad to see the line go. If you have the opportunity to get some, scoop it up now! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts