Monday, November 25, 2013

Nail Art: Catching Fire Nails

I feel terrible, I have been neglecting my nail community here. It has been five days since I last posted, can you believe it? Work has been crazy lately, which makes it difficult to publish blog posts. I promise, today's post will be worth the wait. For #nailartnov the theme for Day 22 was "Catching Fire" for the premier of the movie Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I read all the books after I saw the first movie, so, needless to say I was really excited for this challenge. Some of you know, last year China Glaze came out with a Hunger Games collection, two of the polishes I used here to create my Catching Fire look. I used Smoke and Ashes as the base color and the top gradient color. I used Riveting as the orange gradient color. I sponged on the two colors over a layer of Smoke and Ashes and it worked really well. I also finally got my order of nail studs, so I was able to use those for this design!







What do you think? I wore these for the movie, which felt really special. I loved the design, I did notice that the polish chipped really quickly, which was not cool. Maybe I just had too many layers. For those of you who have the China Glaze Hunger Games nail polish and the new Cover Girl Hunger Games nail polish, which collection do you prefer? Do you know of a difference in quality? I love the HG collection from China Glaze. I loved what they did with their collection, I was a little ticked that they weren't doing the polish this go around and haven't picked up any Cover Girl because I was protesting. Let me know if you like it though, I am always a fan of good polish finds! Hope you like this design, I will try not to neglect the blog so much anymore! I am planning a tutorial soon, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts