Friday, March 28, 2014

Comparison of Mint Greens

I have a slightly different type of post for you today. I was going through my spring colors and one of the colors I go to often for spring is mint green, it is such a nice light color and goes with everything! I realized I have several minty green colors and wanted to do a quick comparison post for those inquiring minds out there! I swatched five different colors: Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, Orly Jealous Much?, China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On, butter LONDON Fiver, and China Glaze Re-fresh Mint.







As I was doing this I had that moment with my husband, explaining how these are not the same, they're similar! I did find quite a bit of difference in each though.

Mint Sorbet- much more green than the others, this definitely is a true green, rather than a green leaning teal. It is a good consistency but a little on the thick side.
Jealous Much?- is a jelly formula, which is exciting! I love the squishy texture. It has more of a dark/dusky green color but definitely has more blue added to it than Mint Sorbet.
Keep Calm, Paint On- is the only one with shimmer.  It has a light shimmer quality without being overbearing and a great light texture.
Fiver- very similar to Re-fresh Mint but a tiny bit more green, nice quality, good coverage and a definite crowd pleaser
Re-fresh Mint- I feel like my formula is more blue than any other I've seen on the internet, tell me if yours pulls more green! This was the bluest of them all, but also had a great formula, no streaks or goopiness!

Overall, I love all of these polishes. I hope that I was able to accurately depict their differences and similarities. I am always trying to figure out if a certain color looks like another that I have. No dupes here, but I found Fiver and Re-fresh Mint to be very similar, you probably don't need both. Let me know if you have other mint greens you want me to compare! I am thinking about doing my teal blues next, because I have quite a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts