Sunday, April 3, 2016

Wet n Wild Spring 2016 Collection

Wet n Wild's Spring 2016 collection is out now, so I decided to get all of them and sharing them with you today! The collection includes a soft pink called Love Fest, a blue mint called Kiss My Mints, a lavender called Lay Out in Lavender, and a periwinkle blue called Breeze on By. All of these are soft and light shades typical of what you would see in spring.

Wet-n-Wild-Spring 2016

Love Fest is a really nice baby pink, but it has a bit of a crelly texture to it. I think it has a nice jelly look that makes it look more like candy. This one was really nice because even though it has that quality, it still works like a creme. I used three coats for full opacity. The formula is nice and easy to handle, but it is a little streaky.

Wet-n-Wild-Love-Fest

Wet-n-Wild-Love-Fest-Swatch

Wet-n-Wild-Love-Fest-Review

Lay Out in Lavender is a pretty lavender that leans a little more blue than pink. I think in some lights it looks a little greyed out as well. I had a bit more of a difficult time with this formula. I still only needed three coats, but it was streaky, but worst of all, didn't want to dry very well.

Wet-n-Wild-Lay-Out-in-Lavender

Wet-n-Wild-Lay-Out-in-Lavender-Swatch

Wet-n-Wild-Lay-Out-in-Lavender-Review

Kiss My Mints is the one I was most drawn towards because I can't resist a minty color! This one is pretty unique to my collection. It has a distinct blue undertone which is really nice. This was also a three coater but I didn't have as many issues as I did with Lavender.

Wet-n-Wild-Kiss-My-Mints

Wet-n-Wild-Kiss-My-Mints-Swatch

Wet-n-Wild-Kiss-My-Mints-Review

Breeze on By is not my typical color. Periwinkle is one I usually shy away from, but I surprisingly loved this color. It is a three coater for me, like the rest. The formula is nicer than the pink or lavender, but still not spectacular.

Wet-n-Wild-Breeze-on-By

Wet-n-Wild-Breeze-on-By-Swatch

Wet-n-Wild-Breeze-on-By-Review

Overall, the quality isn't impressive. The formulae are workable, but not fun and easy. However, for $1.99, these are great colors to have in your collection. I get excited about pastels and these ones didn't disappoint! I bought these at my local Fred Meyer (Kroger) but I also saw full sets still available at Rite Aid just yesterday. These are limited edition, so if you are thinking about getting these, definitely pick them up now. It is nearly impossible to find them when the displays start thinning out. Which spring colors are your favorites, or do you generally pass on spring tones? I am really in love with fall collections, but spring falls close behind. I hope this was helpful to you! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts