Monday, July 15, 2013

Nail Art: Blue Mermaid Glitter Gradient

Today I have some nail art to share with you! I'm also calling this the ever evolving manicure. I started out wearing one coat of Sinful Colors Into The Blue which is a great navy, and after a day I added Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale (yes, it is tale not tail, bottle pictured). I really loved the blues, but what prompted me to add a glitter gradient was a nail art challenge I am participating in. The challenge of the day was "simple". I didn't want to take off the Mermaid's Tale, but I wanted to keep up with the challenge. I painted the tips and went about halfway up my nail with L.A. Colors glitter BCC 582 (sorry, no color name). When that was dry I did just the tips with Sinful Colors Nail Junkie. Macro shots of the glitter polishes are at the end. All photos were taken outdoors in natural light.









Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale- Lots of small blue pieces and larger green and blue hexagonal glitter pieces with a medium blue hued polish.The polish was pretty translucent, which is why I had a color beneath.

L.A. Colors BCC 582- Pretty uniform pieces of glitter with purple, blue, and pink and a clear polish base.

Sinful Colors Nail Junkie- Multiple sizes of glitter flecks that all seem to be green iridescent pieces in a teal green polish base.

I love this manicure so much, I wore it for much longer than I normally would. I think Mermaid's Tale really is the star of the bunch, but the effect altogether is amazing! I'm starting to really love the look of a glitter gradient, it is an easy way to add a little interest to a plain manicure. So much fun! You all should definitely give it a try, if you haven't already. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts