Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Swatch and Review of Essie: Rock the Boat

I don't know about you, but in Oregon we have a longstanding joke that summer doesn't start until the fourth of July. It seems to hold true this year as well. Even though summer has officially started, it is still raining. My solution: get some nail polish from the Essie Summer Collection. Makes sense, right? Today I have Rock the Boat from the 2013 Naughty Nautical Summer Collection! I have been eyeing this gorgeous blue for a little while now and even though I put myself on a no-buy restriction until the end of the month, I gave in (I had a coupon!). Check out the photos below:



Outdoors with cloudy skies



Another outdoor shot



Indoors


Indoors


Indoors


In these photos I used three layers of polish. I'll be honest, it wasn't the best formula. The first layer was a little goopy and tricky to work with, the second and third layers were a dream. Everything evened out and looked perfect. There was an issue with balding- meaning if my polish kept hitting the same spot it would rub away the previous layer. So, there were some application issues here, but definitely worth the trouble in the end. I don't know if you can tell, but there is a slight shimmer in this polish. It is a nice sparkle without being too obvious. The color dries slightly darker on the nail, and it turns out to be more of a periwinkle rather than a baby blue. Overall, it isn't the color I expected, it wasn't as easy to apply as I expected, but nevertheless I love it. It is a nice vibrant color for summer and hopefully will pull me out of my extended spring blues. Retails for $8, but it is widely available at places like Wal-Mart and Target as well as the usual beauty stores. Thanks for reading!!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8293395/?claim=xsjymkhfz2h">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts