Sunday, June 16, 2013

Swatch and Review of Ruby Wing: Poppy


Hello everyone! Happy Father's Day to all the awesome dads out there!

I have an amazing polish to share with you! I was only recently introduced to the fabulous polish that is Ruby Wing. I think they are owned by Color Club, but I'm not 100% positive on that. Ruby Wing makes these transitions nail polishes, which are simply the coolest thing I have seen in nail polish for a while! I heard about it through my Birchbox subscription and was so excited to receive a sample! Except, I wasn't one of the privileged few to receive a sample. This story does have a happy ending, with my Birchbox points I was able to get it for free. Behold! This is Poppy:

 

This is indoors in the shade. Poppy turned out to be a lot more bright indoors than I expected, but still very pretty. The transition happens with sunlight not heat, I actually like that better. Here is Poppy in full sunlight:


 Amazing isn't it?? It changes so quickly too! I love the contrast from bright pink to deep maroon. It really does feel like I am wearing two different polishes. Here is a shot side by side:


 Here is a shot of my toes with Poppy indoors, it was a little difficult to capture the brilliance of it:


Here they look really dark, which I love. In direct sunlight:


I definitely need to get some more Ruby Wing, because this has me won me over! I think normally it retails for around $12 and on Birchbox $10, but they have limited colors. If you want to sign up for Birchbox you can follow this link: http://birch.ly/17elJL4. It is a $10/month beauty box. I have enjoyed it so far, particularly when they send me nail polish! Disclaimer: I get points if you sign up though my link.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts