Monday, July 1, 2013

Swatch and Review of China Glaze: Keep Calm, Paint On

It is hotter than Hades here in Oregon right now, and I am feeling it! We don't have air conditioning and it is making life a little uncomfortable. It has been in the low 90s for the past several days and I feel like I'm melting. This made me wonder, does the temperature affect the consistency of nail polish? I think it does, but I didn't conduct a scientific experiment, so, you'll just have to go with me on this one. I've just noticed all of my polish being pretty goopy lately and I think it is attributed to the hot weather. 

Today I have China Glaze's Keep Calm, Paint On (insert overly used Keep Calm, Carry On meme here). It is from the Avant Garden Collection from this year's Spring line. It is a soft shade of mint with a hint of shimmer you have to get close to see. I love this delicate color! It reminds me of mint ice cream! I could definitely go for some mint ice cream in this heat. 


Indoors

Indoors


Outdoors


Outdoors


I hope you can catch the shimmer, it is difficult to pick up in photos. Like I said, I love the color, but it was pretty hard to work with. This was two thick coats, but I feel like the goopy quality may have been because of the heat. I hope it was because of the heat at lease, because I really love this shade. I have enjoyed all of the Avant Garden Collection I have acquired! It was probably my favorite China Glaze collection after the Hunger Games Collection. China Glaze retails for $7.50, but you can usually find it on sale at Sally's Beauty. That's where I picked mine up. Hope you all are staying cool out there! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts