Friday, July 5, 2013

Nail Art: Water Color Effect

I hope you all had a safe and awesome fourth of July! Hopefully it included some fireworks and BBQs!

Today I have an awesome technique!! I think it is called water coloring, but you use no water. It is really easy, it just takes a little time. On Instagram (@HandtasticIntentions) I am doing a nail art challenge and I did this for the pastel challenge.

Indoors

Indoors

Outdoors

Outdoors


I started out with a white base and the colors added are Sinful Colors "Unicorn" which is yellow, China Glaze "Keep Calm, Paint On" which is a mint green, and China Glaze "Sea Spray" which is a greyed out blue. All you do is put a couple of generous dabs of each color on top of the base color, while it is still wet, just lay a sandwich bag or plastic wrap over the nail and spread the colors a little with your finger. Again, this was inspired by Miss Jen Fabulous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlyWfeVx2Z0 if you don't follow her, you should!! I love this style, it really does look like water color, and it is work appropriate nail art. Love. Hope you love it too! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts