Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Swatch and Review of OPI Alcatraz...Rocks

Today I have something new and different to share with you! Lately there has been a fad of textured polishes. I haven't really gotten into it, and it isn't everyone's cup of tea. I have a thing about bumpy surfaces, I actually can't stand them usually. This will be my third, and I think I cautiously like it. This is called Alcatraz...Rocks by OPI. I fell in love with the sparkle and the color, and I couldn't get it out of my head. See for yourself:







The texture here feels something like fine grit sandpaper. It actually seems to be growing on me. I love the color and I find myself running my fingers over my nails just to feel it. With polishes like these you can use a top coat and it will smooth over the finish, but I wanted to keep the texture for now to see if I liked it. I think this actually is turning me into a fan of textured polish. I used two coats for the above pictures and it applied somewhat thick but smooth at the same time. This line from OPI is called liquid sand. Alcatraz...Rocks is from the San Fransisco collection, which was released this last Fall 2013. It has some great colors in the collection, one of them was Peace, Love and OPI which I love! I have some more to come, so stay tuned! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. It definitely looks cool on the nails, but does it last as long? As it really needs to last on my nails....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have worn it since Monday and I so far have zero chips, which is unusual. I do have a little tip wear, but no chips to speak of! I think the texture actually helps it adhere to the nail better. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts