Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Year in Review 2013!


I never got a chance to do a year in review post, so since Chinese New Year is Friday, I figure it isn't too late! I was so grateful that I actually decided to start this blog. I have only been at it since June, but since then, I feel like I have improved my skills and accomplished a lot by getting involved in the nail community (yes, there is a nail community). I wanted to share what ended up being your five favorite posts and what were my five favorite posts from last year. I've posted some photos and short descriptions below.

Your favorites surprised me a little. Some of the things I expected to be really popular just weren't, and some things I posted as somewhat of an afterthought became noticed.



1. Swatch and Review of Sinful Colors: Skylark and Song of Summer: Wow! This was the most viewed post of 2013! I had no idea it would take off like that! Apparently there was a lack of swatches out there. I love these two colors, but I didn't think they would turn out to be this popular!


2. Swatch and Review of Sephora by OPI: I Only Shop Vintage:I was surprised by this one as well. I picked this up at TJ Maxx and quickly posted it. I didn't think it would be that popular, but perhaps it is a little swatched shade.

3. Nail Art: Galaxy Nails: My first attempt at galaxy nails and I was floored at how easy and amazing it looked! Clearly you all felt the same! I think this was my most pinned post, but not my most viewed.


4. Nail Art: Patriotic Nail Designs!: My first successful attempt at water marbling! It was difficult to get through, but I loved the way the water marble turned out. The other two designs were really fun too, but I loved the water marble the most!

5. Swatch and Review of Essie: Rock the Boat: I was on a no-buy when I bought this one. I remember I had to have this color! It was one of those colors I couldn't get out of my head until I owned it. This was such a great collection.


My favorites were a variety of nail art. I think, perhaps because I spent a lot more time on these designs I liked them more. Some were designs that had some sort of sentimental value (weird I know) or challenged me in some way.

1. Nail Art: Pastel Summer Neon Gradient: I did this manicure for our honeymoon trip to the Dominican Republic! I was so excited about the colors together. It was so bright and vibrant and perfect for a Caribbean vacation! These were actually gel nails. It was one of the first experiences I had with at home gel nails. I wanted to make sure the color would stay on throughout our vacation. I loved this so much! Just looking at it again makes me want to recreate it!



2. Nail Art: Galaxy Nails: What more can I say? I really enjoyed this design!

3. Nail Art: Flower Chevron Tip:This manicure brought about my first interaction with cattiness on instagram. I entered these in a contest and one girl said she thought it looked like I drew a sperm on it. Yeah, that was my intention...idiot. I am amazed at how ridiculous people can be. This design was supposed to have flowers on the tips, which I did, but I thought it looked better with black tips on top. It took forever, but I was really happy with the result! I didn't win the contest, but oh well.


4. Chevron Ombre Nail Art: I distinctly remembered that I was watching Honey I Blew Up the Kid on TV while doing this mani. I just remember thinking that the design was easy enough to watch a distracting movie and still have a cool design you don't have to concentrate too hard on.

5.  Nail Art: Halloween Monster Nails:This design was basically copied from I Have A Cupcake (see post for more details) and I enjoyed it because it made me branch out. I never would have thought I would draw little characters on my nails, but these little monsters were too adorable not to love!


This last year has taught me a lot about myself! I've created a lot of designs I never would have tried before blogging. I've created tutorials, taken better care of my nails and discovered so much in the nail community. I feel like I am letting more creativity flow through me in doing this. I am a very analytical and strategic person, but I have always felt creativity in me. The first thing I ever wanted to be in life was an artist, and now I feel like I am tapping into that once more. Thank you readers for supporting me in this last six months! I really do feel and appreciated every follow, comment, like, share and page view! I have so many more hopes and great ideas for the coming year, but I want to hear from you too! In the comments below, let me know if there is something you want to see from me! If you have a great idea or a design you want to know more about, let me know. Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts