Friday, August 1, 2014

Neon Week Nail Art: Fashion Inspired Neon Statement Piece

This may be the most simple, yet complicated design I have for Neon Week. If you missed past Neon Week Posts you can read them here: Neon Mist (Day 1), Neon Monochrome Arrows (Day 2)Neon Rainbow Flowers (Day 3)Neon Galaxy (Day 4). Today's look is another one for Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux, Day 30 Fashion Inspired. I saw a very striking necklace on Etsy from the shop JustynaG and very soon couldn't get it off my mind! I posted a variant of it in one of my treasuries and have been wanting to recreate the look. This design is loosely based off of it, as you will be able to see in the photo from from the listing. I only used Orly Glowstick (a staple for neon week) and Sinful Colors Black on Black.    



Image Source: JustynaG



As you can see, it is not as gorgeous or detailed as the necklace, but inspired by it. I really wanted to do the negative space half moons to resemble a neckline, I just wish I had a tinier brush and a steadier hand to be able to do intricate work. Nevertheless, I really like how this turned out. Is it neon enough for you? I like the neon over black. To make sure the neon popped, I first painted some white acrylic paint and then added Glowstick. Do you do nail art inspired by fashion? There is so much to pull from and it is so easy to be inspired by everything from prints to shapes to textures. Check out the other bloggers entries below and let me know what you think of mine! Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over black and neon together. I may have to extend Neon Week. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts