Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Work Wear Wednesdays: How to Wear Dark Colors

Are you a fan of dark colors on your nails like me? I have a problem with wearing dark colors all the time, and that translates to nail polish as well. For me, dark colors make me feel more powerful and confident, not goth or emo. I especially love dark colors on my nails when they are short. I thought, what is an easy way to wear dark colors to work? This is what I have to share with you today. This Work Wear Wednesday, I don't have a tutorial for you, but only because it is so simple to do. 

Work-Wear-Wednesdays

Work-Wear-Wednesdays-How-to-Wear-Dark-Colors

Work-Wear-Wednesdays-How-to-Wear-Dark-Colors-1

Work-Wear-Wednesdays-How-to-Wear-Dark-Colors-2

Work-Wear-Wednesdays-Stripe

That's it! It is just a stripe. It isn't really nail art, but it is a simple look that brightens dark colors considerably. I used a base color of OPI 4 in the Morning, which is a very dark charcoal grey. I feel like it is a color that is often mistaken for a black. Maybe I am just in denial and it is black, but oh well. I love it. I very carefully hand painted a thin stripe down the center with a silver polish. I used Pure Ice Silver Star. I then added a matte top coat. I thought this would look better matte, but I like it both ways. An interesting thing about this look is that in some lights these look like the silver stripe is really just glare. I think it is a fun optical illusion. I could have emphasized that and made it more gradual, but I like this stark line. What do you think? Would you wear this to work? Are you a fan of dark colors like me? I just can't get enough! Thanks for reading and stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Love this! As I was scrolling through the pictures I definitely thought it was the light glare and thought the silver was a sheer topper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the optical illusion of this simple look. Also I'm with you about 4am - it's a super dark gunmetal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to say at first glance I thought the stripe was lighting glare. Great manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! So simple but striking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice :D Simple yet striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and chic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! It looks like a shine down the middle. Like light reflecting. It's very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts