Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Birthday, Oregon!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all! For those of you who do not know, it is also Oregon's birthday! Today marks 156 years of Oregon's statehood. I love Oregon and I wanted to do my nails for her. Oregon's colors are navy blue and gold, and I took inspiration from our state motto "She Flies With Her Own Wings".

Feather-Nail-Art


Oregon-Nail-Art

OPI-Incognito-In-Sausalito

OPI-Incognito-In-Sausalito-Nail-Art

I've been crazy busy lately, so I wanted to do something pretty easy. Nail stamping is such an easy way to achieve a high impact design. I started with a base of OPI Incognito in Sausalito, which turned out a little darker than I had hoped. Then I stamped with Maybelline Bold Gold and Born Pretty Store Plate BP-18. Originally I wanted to do some trees or salmon, but I don't have a good stamp for either of those. The state motto came to mind and so feathers worked for that. I wish I could have written the motto, but my nails are somewhat short to do that. Have you ever visited Oregon? I love that it celebrates it's statehood on Valentine's Day, that makes it something to celebrate even if you are single. Hope you have a great day, thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! What an awesome tribute to your state!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! I love that you paid tribute to your state and I love this color combo. It's one of my faves. I travel to portland every summer for a conference so I loooove this fine state!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty!I'm really liking Incognito in Sausalito!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue and gold combo and that image is one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the feathers - they work great against the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stamping is so bold against the blue base, I really like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gold stamping against the deep blue base. Absolutely stunning! And Happy 156 Birthday Oregon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts