Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Polished Bookworms: Nail Art Inspired by Maze Runner by James Dashner

Last month in The Polished Bookworms, we read Big Little Lies which I loved. Maze Runner was our book this month. The theme was a young adult book and at times, I had a difficult time even taking this book seriously. In the end I think it is an entertaining read, but I think I will skip the rest of the series. I thought it was an interesting concept, but it read more like a downgraded Hunger Games. For my nail design based on the book, I did a gradient of China Glaze Black Diamond and Foie Gras and stamped over it with Agro.  







I used the grey tones to give the feel of despair, but then I used the green vines to represent the ivy on the walls of the maze. I used Born Pretty Store plate BP-19. Agro stamped pretty well. I like the way this turned out, especially since I didn't love the book. I haven't seen the movie, but maybe it was a little better? I don't think I want to invest the time to see it, but if you have and loved it, let me know!

If you are interested in reading Maze Runner, you can find the description on Goodreads.com. Hope you liked this! Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Maze Runner was tough for me to get in to, but after Thomas got stuck in the maze, and we read a description of a Griever, my interest was piqued and I couldn't stop reading after that. I love creepy gore, and I love semi-apocalyptic stories, so that greatly appealed to me, too, though I can easily see how this book is definitely not for everyone! I totally love your nails, though!! Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually like that kind of stuff too, but I just couldn't get into it in the end. Glad you liked it! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wo! I love this combination. I think I need that stamp plate, love the bamboo leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that stamping though green didn't stand out much. I couldn't stop reading all parts infact part is much better :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts