Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Swatch and Review of Revlon Parfumerie: Autumn Spice

I love fall! I am one of those people who want to pumpkin spice everything! Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin spice brownies, pumpkin spice candles and now pumpkin spice nails! Revlon recently came out with Parfumerie- a new line of scented polish. I saw this at my local Fred Meyer on sale for $3.99, so I had to try it! Autumn Spice is a brown based polish with orange and red toned flakie glitters. Take a look:






I love the subtle flakie glitter in this polish! The formula was amazing! I only needed two coats, and it was wonderfully self leveling. I really liked the way this polish applied. However, the selling point of this polish is the scent. I made the mistake of inhaling the polish fumes by trying to smell it from the bottle- not recommended! The fragrance starts to come out as the polish dries. I am not sure if you are or aren't meant to add a top coat, but instinctively I added a top coat. It had a great scent after everything dried. It reminded me of a pumpkin spice candle more than a baked good or a drink. I was really happy that the scent was good and it seemed to work. The problem was that halfway through day two, which was really less than 24 hours later, I couldn't smell it anymore. Now, after a full day of work I can only catch a faint scent coming off of my nails, but not even enough to really notice. I think this polish fails in that sense. If you are looking for a really strongly scented polish that lasts, this isn't it, but it has a beautiful color and an amazing formula which makes it worth buying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts