Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nail Art: Fox for Nail Art November

Have you seen this YouTube sensation- Ylvis "The Fox" or "What Does the Fox Say?"? I hadn't seen the video until today, you need to check it out! This month I am again participating in a nail art challenge. Day 4 was Fox and everyone had been tagging their fox nails with what does the fox say? I had to google it and now it has been stuck in my head all day! On to the nail art, I wasn't really sure of how to paint a fox, but I saw a few tutorials and this is what I came up with:







At first, I did a fox on all my nails, but I didn't like the way that looked. I swapped that out for the large polka dots and I like this a lot better. I used a larger dotting tool and a striping brush for this design. I painted a base of white (Sally Hansen- White On) and for the fox, painted the lower half of my nail orange (Essie- Meet Me at Sunset). I added the ears with a fine brush, dotted the eyes and nose and added the whiskers with the striping brush. What do you think? I think it is cutesy! I've done two cutesy designs recently and I think I need to move to edgy to balance it out now. Do you participate in the monthly nail art challenges? I do as much as I can, I missed "movember" on the first but I plan on doing the next one for the 7th, which is maroon. If you participate I'd love to see your designs on Instagram (@HandtasticIntentions). Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts