Thursday, May 22, 2014

Review of Maybelline Color Show Nail stickers

I apologize for these cell phone photos in advance, but today I have to share with you nail stickers. This is the first time I have ever tried nail stickers. I heard they were so easy to apply you could do it in the car, so that is what I did! I found some Maybelline Color Show nail stickers at the dollar store, so I figured why not give them a go?



In the package, you get 9 different sizes of nails to ensure that you get the best fit. It also comes with a file and a little tool to make sure the sticker adheres well. The first step is to match the nail sticker to the size of nail you want to cover. This process makes you very aware of the width of your nail beds. For example, I had no idea my middle fingernail is wider than my pointer finger nail. Who would have thought? This really is the most difficult part of the process. It takes a bit of trial and error, but once you get the hang of it, it is really easy.

 

All of my nails before excess tip removal. They kind of look like duck bills, don't they?

 

Finally, below are my nails after filing off the ends, The process of filing actually scuffed off the tips a bit. That was a little disappointing, but that could be because of my inexperience with stickers. Still, it was a but of a let down to start out with tip wear.


More detailed shot, again, sorry about the bad cell phone photos!


This is what I was left with. I have a  few good pieces here I can still use for an accent nail or some cut out design.



Overall, I feel kind of blah about these. They were $1 so I'm not too disappointed. I like the design, but my nails aren't long enough to fully show most of the designs. I also didn't love the way the tips looked worn with the brand new application. The good thing about these was that they are pretty easy to apply, if I can do them in the car, that makes it pretty convenient if you are heading to an event in a hurry or something. Also, I had these on for three days with no noticeable chips. There are a bit more tip wear, but no chips to speak of. I ended up buying three packages of these stickers in different designs, with the next one I might get a bit more creative, but they are worth the $1 I spent on them!

1 comment:

  1. Exactly! I like them, but I'm not sure if I can get over the tip wear.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts