Monday, October 28, 2013

Nail Art: Blue Vines

I've come to realize in the past few months that the best nail art is done with acrylic paint, rather than nail polish. Acrylic paint is a lot easier to work with and you can thin it down to make it even easier. Today, I was inspired by Kimiko7878 on Instagram who has tons of beautiful nail art designs made with acrylic paint over regular nail polish. I first saw her design here, then promptly decided I needed to try it. Spoiler alert: hers is way better! I wasn't really original here, but perhaps being a little unoriginal for a few days will liven my creativity!




The background color is OPI I have a Herring Problem. This is one of my first really artsy designs with acrylic paint and I actually really enjoyed it. I feel kind of silly using acrylic paint on my nails when I have so much polish, but to make the designs really detailed, acrylic is the way to go! I'm looking forward to trying some more detailed work in the future. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts