Thursday, October 17, 2013

Swatch and Review of Deborah Lippmann: Rolling in the Deep

Last week I had to take an emergency trip to Sephora (beauty emergency) and of course I had to check out the new nail polish offerings. I have never bought a Deborah Lippmann polish, but have been eying them for a while. Ever since she came out with a True Blood collection I have been curious, but the price point always steered me away. In my emergency visit to Sephora, the nice sales lady gave me a generous sample which made me ever so grateful and much more willing to purchase a $17 polish. Usually DL polishes are $19, so really you could say I am being thrifty...sort of. Anyway, here we have Rolling in the Deep, which is part of the 2013 Fall Collection. It is a beautiful inky navy blue with some subtle shimmer that you can see in the bottle. One of my biggest hang ups about buying this polish was trying to determine if I can see the shimmers on the nail or not. Let's see:





As you can see in some pictures, this really looks black rather than blue, but in most lighting it is a great navy blue. However, there are no shimmers to be found on the nail. The shimmer gets lost int he polish, which was a big disappointment for me. I did like the color alone, but I was feeling like I needed a little nail art, so I added some dots and zigzags with OPI's Designer De Better (Holiday 2011 Muppets Collection). Pretty simple, but it added some spice to the look. Overall the quality was amazing, I only used 2 coat here and I had no tackiness or balding issues whatsoever. The polish also seemed to dry quickly, and that is always a plus. I would recommend this polish, but I still have a little buyers remorse over the cost. What do you think? Worth the price, or get a more unique color for the cost? As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts