Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Nail Art: Matte Charcoal Design

Let me just start with: this idea looked much better in my head. I had a great idea of creating a half moon mani and adding some designs in the half moon area. I did that, but my designs lack prescision and detail. I wanted to share it with you anyway to show you that many times I hit some bumps on the road o better nail art. You cannot get better if you don't try! I was excited to try this design and it didn't seem to quite go the way I had planned, but it still looks interesting. I used Sinful Colors Secret Admirer as the overlay color (charcoal with glitter), I used Color Club On the Rocks (Silver) as the base color and NYC Matte Me Crazy for the top coat. Take a look:





I was going for a Greek inspired look, but this ended up a little sloppy and random. I think my brush was a bit too big, but lesson learned. What do you think about this? I really love the Sinful Colors Secret Admirer, I can't believe it took me so long to use it! I had it sitting in my stash unused for at least a few months. It went on smooth and buttery, a little thick, but similar to most other Sinful Colors I have used. I also really like the matte effect with this design. Hopefully next time I can actually pull off all the detail I hoped to achieve. Until next time, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts