Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Nail Art: Sideways Moons

Sideways moons? I'm sure you have heard of half moon manis, but sideways moons? I'n not sure is it an appropriate name, but that is what I am going with here. I just thought of these one night and decided to see what they would look like. I started with a base of China Glaze White On White and carefully freehand painted Pelican Gray on the side of the nail in a somewhat curved shape. Then I painted Wet n Wild Black Creme over the grey in a similar arc shape. I then added some acrylic nail studs from the Born Pretty Store (Use code: HANDX31 for 10% off). 







It isn't the cleanest design I've done, but I think it is interesting. When I look at it, all I can think of is a yin yang, but that isn't what I was going for. What do you think? I think I might want to try this again later in another color patter to make it less yin yang-y, but I think it is a cool, sort of mod/geometric design. Hope you like it! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! It also reminds me of yin yang but it's a modern twist! Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I want to try it in some bright spring shades and see how it looks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts