Friday, September 12, 2014

Nail Art: #31DC2014 Day 12 Stripes- Tweed

Today, the daily challenge is stripes. Since fall is coming on, I feel like tweed would be appropriate. I've been wanting to try tweed for a while, so I thought this was a great excuse. I used Sinful Colors Hot Spot as a base, which is a gorgeous dark blue with shimmer and then alternated stripes both horizontally and vertically of Enchanted, Sail La Vie, and Tantalize. I also added some bow studs from the Born Pretty Store. 






What do you think? I really like this one! I love the combination of colors and the way it creates a tweed like pattern. I know I wanted to do something other than typical stripes for the challenge and I think this fits well. It kind of reminds me of the dry brush technique, but the lines are cleaner and more intentional. I hope you like it, this is one of the designs I like more in this challenge so far! If you would like more info on the challenge, I linked the FAQs below and linked all my past posts. Thanks for stopping by!



See what other talented bloggers created here:

1 comment:

  1. I love how you didn't do the obvious for the 'stripes' prompt. Tweed is a great fabric and it translated really well to this nail design. Plus, PURPLE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts