Saturday, September 6, 2014

Nail Art: #31DC2014 Day 5 Blue

Today I have a fun blue look to share with you for #31DC2014! The prompt for Day 5 is blue, which happens to be my favorite nail polish color! I decided to use all Essie polishes for this look. I started with a gradient of Rock the Boat and Avenue Maintain. Over that I laid out what seemed like miles of striping tape and then painted Aruba Blue over that. I top coated and added some rhinestones over the pointer and pinky fingers. 








It is so vividly blue! I really love Aruba Blue as the overlay. It reminds me of the first polish I ever got of my own. I remember it was some no name brand that I got at a local grocery/department store, but I loved that blue so much. Thinking back, the formula was terrible, I could never get it right. Thankfully, I know how to properly paint my nails and can afford decent nail polish. All of these polishes I used were fabulous. Rock the Boat is a little streaky and thin, but perfect on the third coat. I actually reviewed it in my very first month of blogging. If you want to check out how different my photos are you can see that post here- Rock the Boat. Anyway, I hope you like this design. I think I like my thumb most of all. I have listed all the previous posts below, so be sure to check them out if you missed them!



Check out what these talented bloggers created for this challenge:


9 comments:

  1. The Dalai Lama's NailsSeptember 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM

    pretty! I do not have the patience for striping tape, and I admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the studs integrate with the rest of the design so well. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue is one of my favorites, too. I applaud your striping tape design, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Striping tape definitely takes lots of patience. I have my moments with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I was glad I had the right colors for my vision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I never know if the studs add or detract from a design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cut so much tape! I had a round lid and just kept cutting small pieces and laid them around the lid, so it was easy to grab each piece, I just had to turn it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty! Your striping tape skills are amazing, I'm jealous haha!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts