Friday, October 24, 2014

My Top 10 Fall Nail Polish Picks

Today I have a top 10 list to share with you! I love fall and I really enjoy all the collections that come out in the fall. So, I decided to pull together a list of my top 10 favorite fall colors. These aren't all from this year or even from a fall collection. I just love these colors for the season! They remind me of all the things I love about fall: the cooler temperatures and rain, the pumpkins, apple cider and harvest festivals. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!

Top-10-Nail-Polish-Colors-For-Fall
China Glaze Harvest Moon was from the Hunger Games Collection which was released Spring of 2012. This definitely wasn't meant as a fall color, but it works for fall anyway! I love this color. It was one of my favorites from that collection. It is a stunning mix of bronze, brown, orange and a bit of gold. It has more of a foil effect rather than a frost, which is beautiful! It is also has an amazing formula and covers in two coats. It really reminds me of the changing leaves.



OPI Peace & Love & OPI was from the San Francisco Collection released Fall of 2013. It is a great multichrome polish which is a stunner! I was constantly staring at my nails when I had this one on. It shifts from gunmetal grey to purple and green. It is gorgeous. It also has a fabulous formula and covers in two coats. The color kind of reminds me of the darker days and the rain. I'm from Oregon, so I kind of like the rain, so a gunmetal grey is perfect for that kind of weather.

OPI-Peace-and-love-and-opi

Revlon Autumn Spice, I think released last year. Their Parfumerie line is a line of scented polishes. This color is beautiful, but the scent is also really nice. It doesn't last a really long time, but it definitely reminds me of fall scents. I go candle crazy in the fall and I love autumn scents so much! This is like the smell of a pumpkin spice latte without the smell of coffee. I feel like I am repeating myself, but this has a great formula and covered in two coats.

Revlon-Autumn-Spice

Above the Curve Sirius Black is one I recently reviewed! This is from the Harry Potter Collection which released in September! I think this is a great charcoal grey with a little shimmer. I love how versatile this color is and how it works with any fall wardrobe.

Above-The-Curve-Sirius-Black

OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest was released in OPI's Germany Collection, which came out in Fall of 2012. I just reviewed this earlier this week! I think this has to be my favorite color for fall. It has such a beautiful vampy look to it along with the gorgeous shimmer, I can't resist wearing this constantly. This actually looks really purple on the first coat, so if you like it more purple you could layer one coat over a purple color and it would look a lot different. I love it both ways.

OPI-Every-Month-is-Oktoberfest

China Glaze Don't Get Derailed is from the recent All Aboard Collection which was released for the fall of this year. I think this is a great khaki green color. I didn't have anything like this in my collection and I love it! I can't really pinpoint exactly why I like this green so much, but it is really nice.

China-Glaze-Don't-Get-Derailed

Finger Paints Dance Til Dawn was recently released in the Masquerade Affair Collection. I loved the whole collection, so it was difficult to isolate which one I thought was best for fall. The purple just seems like the perfect jewel tone for fall. I love jewel tones and this is the perfect time to wear them!

Finger-Paints-Dance-Til-Dawn

China Glaze Lug Your Designer Baggage was also from the All Aboard Collection. In my post about it, I told you all that I actually don't like brown polish that much, but this one is beautiful. I love the flakies in it. I don't think the actual color itself would be really pretty alone, but with the flakies, it really does remind me of designer baggage. I think if you add flakies to any color, there is a good chance I will love it!

China-Glaze-Lug-Your-Designer-Baggage

butter LONDON La Moss is a perfect ox blood color. I had no idea how in need of a great ox blood I was until I got this one. This is really a three coat polish, but the formula is great. I seriously swoon over this when it is on my nails. The darkness of this makes it look vampy, but the red tone makes it look really classy as well. It is just a great all around polish.

butter-london-la-moss

Sally Hansen Copper Penny is a polish I love, but don't use all that often. Fall is definitely it's time to shine. It is a pretty straight forward copper glitter polish with different size hexes. It adds fall to any color. I have it over La Moss here, but I think this would look great over a lot of different polishes.

Sally-Hansen-Copper-Penny

This by no means is a comprehensive list, but I wanted to share a few of my favorites! I am already thinking of some I forgot, but it is after all only a top 10 polish list. I hope you enjoy this! I think I might want to do one of these each season from now on, what do you think? Thanks for stopping by, let me know in the comments what your favorite fall color is and why.

16 comments:

  1. Great choices! I really like grey-toned colors, like that khaki green-grey you have on your list. Also, KBShimmer's Stonewashed is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is pretty! I was thinking I forgot OPI Ski Teal We Drop, but that KB Shimmer is similar to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great collection of fall colors. Some of them are new to me so thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome! I wish I could have included more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great post and you picked a lot of great polishes!! I love the little accent nails you did with some of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have fall colours, because I used all colours every season, love colorful manicures! I really like Sally Hansen Copper Penny!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh these look like some great polishes! I always love seeing posts like this but never have the patience to put one together myself hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great list! I definitely need to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BL La Moss is just gorgeous! I love the vampiness of it. Great round up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also like to mix colors in different seasons- sometimes you just want to wear neon, right? Copper Penny could work for lots of seasons too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! This one did take a while, but mostly because graphic design isn't my strong suit :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know, the first time I put it on...I was in love! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts