Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Work Wear Wednesday: Halloween Edition

Hello! I hope you are having a fantastic week! It is once again Work Wear Wednesday! I feel like these weeks are going by so fast. This week I decided to do a Halloween version of Work Wear Wednesday. I wanted to incorporate Halloween colors without going overboard, so I created a two tone look that I feel is very work appropriate but with a little edge to it. I used A England Lady of the Lake and Sinful Colors Black on Black for this look.








This is a very simple look that I think anyone could easily pull off. I love how it is simple, but it is also a little edgy.

1. Start with two coats of A England Lady of the Lake, which is an amazing purple holographic polish.
2. Lay down some clear tape in a narrow triangle. Before I laid it down, I stuck it to the back of my hand to make sure it wasn't too sticky and wouldn't accidentally lift the base color.
3. Fill in the triangle with Sinful Colors Black on Black.
4. Quickly but carefully remove the tape when the black polish is still wet. Add top coat and clean up any edges.

That's it! It is a super simple look that I think is great for Halloween work wear! It kind of reminds me of cats eyes in a way. I hope you like this and definitely let me know if you plan on trying it out! Thanks for reading.

20 comments:

  1. Really great design, simple and effectively relates to Halloween. (Without going overboard!) I'll definitely need to have a go at work wear Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how simple yet gorgeous this is! This blog series is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I'm in love with that A England polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Hreat for Halloween and work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! Elegant and yet still so suitable for Halloween. Need to re create!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super gorgeous! I need to wear Lady Of The Lake with black now for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Subtle and yet still festive! You nailed this one, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely a quick and easy look, you can do so many combination for this and get a somewhat different look. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute and definitely festive without being over the top for a work setting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those straight lines and the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! I thought they felt Halloween-y.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! I'm trying to do it every Wednesday, so I'll have another work look this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts