Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Nail Care Product Review: Up&Up Nail Polish Remover Dip-It

I have a nail care product review for you today! I hardly ever do this type of review, so it is kind of a nice change of pace for me. I have seen this type of nail polish remover system in the past, but passed it up because I figured I didn't need it. Then I thought I should try it out for you all to learn from my experience! I have Up&Up's Nail Polish Remover Dip-It to share! It has the acetone in the tub and little scrubbers to remove the polish. You just stick your finger in and the polish is removed! We'll see about that!

Up-and-Up-Nail-Polish-Remover-Dip-It 

So this is what the inside looks like, it is a little weird looking! The acetone in there is already a little colored from my first use.

Up-and-Up-Nail-Polish-Remover-Dip-It-Review

So, this does contain pure acetone. It is definitely the type that dries out the skin and doesn't moisturize like others on the market. I always use pure acetone because I get super impatient and can't handle it when remover takes too long. If you do your nails as much as I do, I would be careful of drying. You do have to dip your finger in pretty far, thus exposing your skin to the acetone. Another downside to dipping your finger in a pool of acetone is that the acetone takes on the color of the polish you just removed. By the time I'm several manis in, I feel like it might turn black, but we'll see. Maybe it denigrates the pigment after a while.

The little bristles inside seem to be made of a flexible plastic that rubs your nail as you move it around, and it is really effective! It only takes a few scrubs to remove nail art (many layers of polish) and it easily removes heavy glitter polish (three layers and top coat), which I really appreciate. One GREAT benefit to using this is that there is no lint particles floating around from cotton pads! I hate lint! It makes me furious, and I don't care if it says lint free, I haven't found one that truly is lint free. This is also refillable. Once you finish the acetone, you can easily just pour more in there. Below is a black and white photo of my nail after removal. I made it black and white because it is stained. In it, you can see the whiteness and drying that my skin has undergone.

Up-and-Up-Nail-Polish-Remover-Dip-It-Review-1

I really love this product because of the speedy removal, but I worry about the drying qualities. I used a heavy duty moisturizer afterwards and my skin seems fine. I use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream when my hands are extra dry. It is really thick but clings to your skin and deeply moisturizes like no other.

Up&Up is available at Target and I bought this product for under $3. Hope this post helped you! Let me know if you would like to see more posts like these! Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

  1. Hmm! Like you I would pass these by...but if it can be refilled, then maybe...

    This type of review is very helpful! I'm always interested in nail polish related stuff like this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ALL I use...now I refill them with the Zoya remover to help with the drying. The acetone does turn black but it doesn't prevent it from working it's magic! Eventually it has to be replaced with a new one though because if you're like me...glitter will do a number on the bristles and eventually too many will break off to make it useful. Luckily it's cheap! I love that you reviewed it because I don't think a lot of people know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! I'm definitely a fan and have been using it exclusively because I hate lint so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a similar one by Essence ages ago which is now discontinued but it was so stained after a while that I just tossed it away. However it peeled my nails badly so as much as I loved it for glitter removal I just didn't repurchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure it has the ability to make your nails peel, I'm a little wary of it drying too much too. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review! The pigment / glitters sink down to the bottom after a while - so when I refill mine, I usually do a few rinses with water first to get all the gunk out. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this looks nice! I didn't know that you could refill these, but I might have to pick on of these up now. I just worry about it drying my nails out /: I've been using Zoya Remove lately but it's just too expensive to keep repurchasing. I like that this is quick though and lint-free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. I've used one before with just the sponge. This looks like it might work better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might try this one. I have used the sponge ones and it usually stained my skin too, so I stopped

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have tried one like this before and the plastic in the middle started to bend and break pretty soon. It also tore up my cuticles because it was so rough. They seem pretty cool, but I ended up not loving as much as I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this and I like it for really tough glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to know, thank you! I'll have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, maybe you could refill it with that Beauty Secrets one that is supposed to be good for your nails?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used the sponge one a long time ago too! It got color all over my finger, which was why I was hesitant to try this one. So far, so good though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopefully it doesn't stain when it gets more color to it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was great for the glitter polish I tested with this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boo! That's terrible. I will update the post if that starts to happen with me. They feel fairly flexible, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Dalai Lama's NailsOctober 15, 2014 at 8:23 AM

    I always find that the acetone gets so gross so quickly

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Up & Up brand but have yet to try this type of removal. I wonder if you could add a bit of glycerin to it so it would moisturize a bit more?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maybe? I have no idea where you get glycerin though. I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting! I've only ever bought the one dip removers that have the chunk of sponge in the middle, I've never seen one like this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Empowering extraordinary women one post at a time

    Living Worth Magazine can be every woman’s best friend, as we offer you wise advices and helpful information that will help each of you maximize the potential of your personal lifestyle.

    To get extraordinary lifestyle tips visit us at: www.LivingWorthMagazine.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts