Monday, October 13, 2014

Nail Art: Orange Flannel

I love fall! One of my favorite things is going to the pumpkin patch for all of the best things fall has to offer! We went this weekend and I wanted to make sure I had the right nails for the occasion. I love flannel and plaid prints, so I created another plaid look! This time I used orange, black, and brown/maroon. I started with a base of China Glaze What Are You A-Freight Of? and added strips of Nailtini Mai Tai. I also used my black stripper for the fine black lines. I really liked how it turned out, even though it is pretty similar to my last plaid look. 







So I of course had to take some photos with the pumpkins! I love pumpkins!



I kind of want to go back to the pumpkin patch every weekend until Halloween. Is that weird? I don't think so. They have everything at the one we go go to. Our favorite things are the pumpkins of course, the apple tasting, apple cider (we buy two gallons!), apple cider doughnuts, all the different squashes and produce on sale, and the local food goods as well. Our pumpkin patch had a lot of different specialty pumpkins this year. They had a bunch of white pumpkins and in the above photo you can see this oddly shaped green one. I also saw some veined pumpkins that looked really cool! They also have a big carnival area that our nephew enjoyed and a corn maze we didn't have time to explore. Do you visit pumpkin patches? We started going after college and now, I can't imagine starting the fall season without a visit and some of that delicious apple cider! I hope you like the nails I picked to go with the festivities! I can't believe how quickly we have come to pumpkin spice season, but I'm definitely ready to pumpkin spice all the things! Thanks for reading!

31 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love the plaid print so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I can't get enough of it! If only I could find the perfect flannel shirt to go with my nails... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love this look!!! Reminds me of Paul Bunyan!! I LOVE pumpkin patches!! We have one we go to every year and you go on a wagon ride over to the patch to pick pumpkins and they have tons at the market there too!! Produce, baked goods, and pumpkins galore!! I think I may love Fall just as much as I love Christmas, hands down!! I love pumpkins too, the weirder, the better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove the plaid nails! They totally look like they belong in the LLBean flannel shirt section :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are perfection! Love the colors and the plaid! I love pumpkin patches but unfortunately it's still in the 90's here so it's not quite as enjoyable when you need to wear shorts and sandals to not die of heat. Yes...yes I am dramatic. :p I'm looking forward to going to them once it cools down some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best freehand plaid ever! I love everything about this post, including the prolonged discussion about the awesomeness of pumpkin patches. I get to go this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These nails are fantastic!! You did an amazing job free handing the plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! My other hand was not as precise, but still fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hardly ever talk about more personal things on the blog, but I couldn't help myself with the pumpkin patch! I love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I hear you. It was in the 70's when we went, so it was a bit odd. I still carried on with my pumpkin madness anyway! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! I love flannel. Maybe because I love in the Pacific NW, but NOT because I am a hipster :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! It is the perfect time of year isn't it? Soon it will be Christmas season too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy crap, I love these nails!! It looks amazing, and so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never thought I'd say this about nails but those are so warm and cozy! You have amazing freehand skills!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, cozy is a great word for anything flannel print! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this one as much as the other! The colours are perfect and I can feel warm already just by looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, those black lines are done so well! You're so good at freehand! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Dalai Lama's NailsOctober 14, 2014 at 7:56 AM

    this is so warm and cozy and absolutely perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did freaking amazing on the plaid! It looks realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eeeee! You did fab on this! It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks! I just like to be precise, I kind of go crazy when my lines aren't nice and even.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts