Thursday, October 2, 2014

Nail Art: #31DC2014 Day 22 Inspired by a Song

This challenge was extremely difficult for me! I love music and listen to it every day, but I have a difficult time putting music into visuals. I remember feelings I get when I hear songs, but not images. I didn't want to recreate scenes from music videos either, because that felt like cheating. Finally, after scouring youtube for ideas and rediscovering music I haven't listened to in ages (Chuck Berry!) I came across Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. I have embedded the video at the bottom of the page, just so you can listen to it! I don't know why I love it so much, but it just makes me happy in the way that cinnamon perks up my coffee. When the song was new, it was one of those I had to listen to over and over again. So I did a loose interpretation of sweater weather nails. I used Essie Rock the Boat and Color Club Abyss as well as Maybelline Bold Gold as an accent. I used matte top coat, again.







I kind of like the simple irregularity of the knit pattern I painted. I wanted it to look much sharper, but I couldn't get it to work. Lo and behold, I actually kind of like it. So what do you think? Do you like the song, or is it just me? I really love these teal colors together as well, it makes me think of cozy sweaters! I have a teal sweater I vaguely used as inspiration, which is why I chose this color. I hope you like it! One more post and I will be done with this 31 day challenge!!

Chalkboard Nails FAQs
Day 1: Red
Day 2: Orange
Day 3: Yellow
Day 4: Green
Day 5: Blue
Day 6: Violet
Day 7: Black and White
Day 8: Metallic
Day 9: Rainbow
Day 10: Gradient
Day 11: Polka Dots
Day 12: Stripes
Day 13: Animal Print
Day 14: Flowers
Day 15: Delicate Print
Day 16: Geometric Print
Day 17: Glitter
Day 18: Half Moons
Day 19: Galaxies
Day 20: Water Marble
Day 21: Inspired by a Color
Day 23: Inspired by a Movie
Day 24: Inspired by a Book
Day 25: Inspired by Fashion
Day 26: Inspired by a Pattern
Day 27: Inspired by Art
Day 28: Inspired by a Flag
Day 29: Inspired by the Supernatural
Day 30: Inspired by a Tutorial


18 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love that it's matte too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun inspiration! I love this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these blue tones together, and the pop of yellow makes it so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on this! Its so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Great job on the design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO SO Cute! This is a sweater I would totally wear! Also love that you did the cable knitting by hand - I would have cheated and used a stamp! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinnamon in your coffee? What is this devilry you speak of?! LOL. I really love this nail art, it's very fall-like but classy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I really wish sweater weather would hurry up already because this makes me want to wear my sweaters so badly haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! It has some of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had a stamp! I know MoYou has one, but I'm trying to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! Yes, cinnamon in coffee is delicious! I made a cinnamon streusel coffee creamer and it is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is kind of off and on for me in Oregon. Yesterday was definitely sweater weather and today was in the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this with a matte top coat!!! Here lately I'm all like "matte all the things!" Super cute interpretation and I'm totally going to have to try cinnamon in my coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh this is super cute! What a great move to matte it, it makes it really special!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts